So you want to be an author?

All about writing and everything related to writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Monday, July 10, 2006

So you want to be an author? There's my entry into the world of blogging. Something I said I would never do until I stumbled across some interesting blogs that I actually learned some things from. And then I thought I might be able to share some things too. So here I am. I'm here to learn, to teach, to share my experiences and hear about yours.

And what should we talk about? Well, I'm not real big on sharing tons of my personal life. But I am an author with five books out there (Kate Carpenter Mystery series) and I've had two agents under my belt (one I had to fire) and I know a lot about the highs and lows of reaching your dream and the discovering everything that is on the other side of that dream.

Maybe we'll talk about book news, what's happening out there, who's getting the deals and who is not and why we aren't all JK Rowling.

We can talk movies too - what do you think about adaptations of books into movies? How about our heros in Hollywood (both north and south). My current heros are Paul Haggis and Paul Gross - Paul Haggis for Due South, Million Dollar Baby and his oscar winning Crash, and Paul Gross for making the decision to stay in Canada - despite many lucrative offers to go to the US - and just recently doing the biggest deal ever for a Canadian made movie - $21 million, I believe, and soon to start production in Alberta. But who else is out there?

Books and writing and authors and movies and screenplays and television are all very interesting topics and I hope over the days/weeks/months/years I'll have lots to say and some people will have lots of comments to add!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like it! Good job. Go on.
»

3:07 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home