So you want to be an author?

All about writing and everything related to writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Time wounds all heels....

Misha missing Mozart.


So time goes on, scar tissue is formed and the pain becomes less acute. Mostly. Of course pain becomes more acute when the survivor is wandering around the house howling, looking for the departed one. But then he remembers or gives up or whatever cats do and we both go back to resuming a normal life.

And then you thank the people that have put up with you for the past two weeks.

And then you pick up your laptop and realize you haven't written a word since October 3rd, when you wrote a rambling blog through tear filled eyes. And you have no idea where to start or where you left off or the mood or tone or if you can even get back there again. And then you open the file and you type a word or two and maybe it's crap - but doesn't matter. You can delete it tomorrow and try again.

Do I believe in writer's block I was asked. Nope. I believe it's a great excuse that almost nobody will argue with. You open the file and you type those words. You either are a writer or you're not.

Open you're file.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home