So you want to be an author?

All about writing and everything related to writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Monday, July 17, 2006

Judging a book by its cover - Part II



The third book, Sins of the Mother. To be honest, I didn't LOVE this cover, I just liked it. It kept the theme of the eerie colours and slightly skewed image. But to be honest, Sins of the Mother didn't really have much to do with the theatre, so it was hard to find a cover image that fit with the series. So in the end the use of a flashlight (torch), such as would be used by an usher in a thatre, was used. Nothing that really threw me though.

Because....

Along came the fourth Book, Flirting With Disaster. I loved this cover. I remember the first of my friends I showed it to got totally freaked out - well that did it for me! It was vibrant colours, really stood out from the crowds and we all know what kind of terror the image of a clown can cause some people.

It's such a good image that my publisher even have it on the header of their website. http://www.severnhouse.com

But into every life a little rain must fall...

...And you know I'm a writer...You know you're going to have to wait for the conflict. We have to build up to it, create the anticipation...So tune in soon....

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»

12:31 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

4:23 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home