So you want to be an author?

All about writing and everything related to writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Sunday, December 10, 2006

Writing and Travel and Secrets - oh my!

First of all, we're approaching the New Year which means it's Arthur Ellis time! Yes, the big awards for the best of the best in Canadian Crime Writing and here's the link if you want to enter.

http://crimewriterscanada.com/cwc/awards_2007%20submission%20rules.html

There is also a great new award for best UNPUBLISHED crime novel - so all you writers without deals yet - here is your chance. If you don't think winning this award will get you noticed you're crazy!

http://crimewriterscanada.com/cwc/pages/award_best_unpublished­_firstcrimenovel.html


So I'm going to be away for a couple of days on a top secret mission. How's that for creating a buzz? Is it working? But keep tuning in for information on where I've gone and what I'm doing. It will all appear here sooner or later.

And other than that, I don't have much to say today. I'm off to work because I'm about to lose two days of work and I don't want us to get behind ... and with the Christmas break coming up, we don't have a lot of time to catch up.

So I'll be back next week. Talk amongst yourselved until then!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home