So you want to be an author?

All about writing and everything related to writing.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada

Deborah: I'm a published author of the Kate Carpenter Mysteries. I write, and I teach workshops and classes. I have lost 140 pounds! Arlene: I'm a PhD psychologist, working with chronic pain patients. I have lost 40 pounds. Kelly: I'm a registered dietitian who works hard to maintain my weight and fitness level with healthy diet and lots of exercise.

Friday, February 24, 2012

Some days I just want to write something

I can't believe I miss having a blog? When I did it the first time, it was cathartic sometimes (like when my first cat died) but it never really did anything for me. But somedays, I just want to write something. I guess for me it's like a diary, but I hate writing longhand, gotta type. So I'm coming back to this one, once in a while, maybe more. Don't know how much I have to say.

I do have to say I'm very interested in this new Disney "ride" or "experience" where it's about fighting fat. Really not sure how I feel about that. Now a lot of villains are fat (think Austin Powers, The Little Mermaid as the first two off the top of my head) - but we've never beaten them by shooting broccoli guns at them. I think what really saddens me is the fact that it seems a lot of parents have given up responsibility for raising their children. We're blaming the teachers, the school systems, the daycares, and now Disney is taking responsibility for teaching nutrition? It starts at home. By the way, I'd like to know if Disney is still serving theme park crap food near this new "ride" or if they're serving tossed salads?

If you're interested in this, google Yonni Freedhoff (he has an interesting blog period if you have food challenges) and read about it. I'd love to know how you think.

Responsibility is a funny thing though. For ages, I thought if I knew what was responsible for my weight loss, I would magically lose weight. Be psychologically restored to normal (LOL find normal). And really, what I had to take responsibility for was what I was shoving in my mouth and the fact that I wasn't moving. I'm all for getting psychological help - believe me - but I realized I can take responsibility for what I'm putting in my mouth and take responsibility for getting psychologically sound as two different items. I didn't have to find the answers BEFORE I lost weight. Just like love, give up the bad habits and open yourself up to be loved and you never know what might happen. But back to this Disney thing, seriously, fat people are villains, they just wear their coping mechanisms. It's nothing to feel guilty about, it's just a good idea to change behaviours that aren't working for you. IMHO

There, I wrote! Have a fun day and eat broccoli, don't toss it at fat villains.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home